Owensboro has addiction treatment options for those without insurance within the city. For those with any kind of insurance, your best bet is a short drive outside of Daviess county. (All recommendations are less than two hours away).
Here are the top 7 resources:
- For men with no insurance: Owensboro Regional Recovery
- For women with no insurance: Women’s Addiction Recovery Manor
- For Medicare: Cumberland Hall / Lincoln Trail / The Brook Hospital
- For Medicaid: Stepworks / Recovery Works
- For those with Insurance: JourneyPure Kentucky
- For Sober Living: Oxford House
- For AA Meetings: 320 Club
What’s the best rehab for those with no insurance in Owensboro?
Owensboro Regional Recovery (for men)
Owensboro Regional Recovery is our top recommended resource for men without insurance needing free treatment.
- For men only
- 6-9 month program
- Help with homelessness issues too
Owensboro Regional Recovery Admissions Department
(270) 689-0905, extension 2117
4301 Veach Rd. Owensboro, KY 42303
Lighthouse Recovery Services
Lighthouse Recovery is the #2 option for men who do not have health insurance but are in need of long-term substance abuse care.
- Men & Women
- 18 month program
- Based on peer feedback and 12 steps
Lighthouse Recovery Services
731 Hall Street Owensboro, KY 42303
Women’s Addiction Recovery Manor (for women)
Located in Henderson, KY 30 minutes west of Owensboro, WARM is our recommendation for women needing free treatment.
- For women only
- 6-month program
- Typically has waitlist
Women’s Addiction Recovery Manor Admissions Department
56 North McKinley Street Henderson KY 42420
What’s the best drug & alcohol treatment option in Owensboro with Medicare?
Cumberland Hall and The Brook Hospital both provide detox and 14-30 days of inpatient treatment within two hours drive of Owensboro.
- Cumberland Hall in Hopkinsville, KY – 1.5 hours from Owensboro
- Admissions: (270) 886-1919
- Lincoln Trail in Radcliff, KY – 1.75 hours from Owensboro
- Admissions: (800) 274-7374
- The Brook Hospital Dupont in Louisville, KY – 2 hours from Owensboro
- Admissions: (502) 896-0495
The Owensboro Health Regional Hospital accepts Medicaid for detox or psychiatric stabilization. But, your stay would likely only be a few days. (The drugs or alcohol are out of your body, but your mind will have cravings as soon as you’re released).
- Admissions: (855) 417-8555
What’s the best addiction treatment option in Owensboro with Medicaid?
Stepworks and Recovery Works are Medicaid rehabs within easy driving distance of Owensboro. We work with both these Medicaid facilities on a daily basis.
- Stepworks in Bowling Green, KY – 1 hour north of Owensboro.
- Admissions: (800) 712-0901
- Recovery Works in Elizabethtown, KY – 1.5 hours east of Owensboro.
- Admissions: (844) 696-4372
Can I go to JourneyPure with Medicaid?
JourneyPure – Kentucky accepts Medicaid patients that are already medically detoxed (including those coming from jail). We are not contracted with Medicaid for our detox.
Most Medicaid patients come after completing the Stepworks program. Medicaid will still cover an additional 30 days at JourneyPure.
You can also attend our Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) using Medicaid. Although we don’t have a clinic in Owensboro (yet), you can attend Bowling Green IOP, Elizabethtown IOP, Lexington IOP, Louisville IOP, Paducah IOP or virtual IOP.
What is the best rehab in Owensboro that’s in-network with my insurance?
JourneyPure’s Kentucky rehab is in-network with all private insurance companies (Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross, United, etc.).
The campus is just a one-hour drive from Owensboro (or a $20 bus ticket). People come here from Daviess County every day.
I asked a few of the current Owensboro patients why they chose JourneyPure.
- “Everyone knows about JourneyPure.”
- “I don’t know. My mom drove me here. It’s the best rehab I’ve been to though. These people actually care.”
- “I just Googled it and the reviews were really good. And, now I know why. Y’all are saving my life. Literally.”
It’s worth looking into > JourneyPure – Kentucky Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- Admissions: (270) 282-8280
What is the best sober living in Owensboro?
Oxford House is your best option for sober living in Owensboro, Kentucky.
- 9 Oxford House in Owensboro
- 40 male beds and 19 female beds
Oxford Houses are national same-gender sober living houses started with government funding, self-managed by those living in each house.
You can search or apply for Oxford housing online > https://www.oxfordvacancies.com/
Where are AA meetings in Owensboro?
There are plenty of free AA, NA and Celebrate Recovery meetings in Owensboro.
Here are a few great ones:
|320 Club||320 Crittenden St.|
Owensboro, KY 42303
|Multiple meetings every single day – check the schedule|
|Griffith Avenue||First Presbyterian Church|
1328 Griffith Ave
Owensboro, KY 42301
|Wednesdays 5:30 PM|
Fridays 8 PM
|Veach Road Group||Owensboro Regional Recovery Building|
4301 Veach Rd
Owensboro, KY 42303
|Mondays 6:30 PM|
Wednesdays 6:30 PM
Saturdays 6:30 PM
To find more meetings around Owensboro:
- Download the Meeting Guide App on Google Play or Apple Store
- Search on the Area 26 Kentucky website
- Search the Celebrate Recovery website for faith-based meetings
You’re reading this page for a reason. There are resources. Now, it’s time to make the call and show up.
JourneyPure.com doctors follow rigorous sourcing guidelines and cite only trustworthy sources of information, including peer-reviewed journals, count records, academic organizations, highly regarded nonprofit organizations, government reports and their own expertise with decades in the fields and their own personal recovery.
All content is for informational purposes only. No material on this site, whether from our doctors or the community, is a substitute for seeking personalized professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard advice from a qualified healthcare professional or delay seeking advice because of something you read on this website.
Do you have more questions?
Tell us what you think.