My Story with addiction started with unexpected and unwanted responsibilities of a big sister. My mother had always been a nurse, but to me.. she was a mom. Then she was gone, just like that.. she started working 2nd shift. The bus dropped us off at 4:00 & mom was already gone by 2:00 each day. I became the babysitter, homework helper, and the bedtime enforcer. I hated it. My dad got home before 8:00, but he had other chores to do. I looked forward to mom’s days off so I could be free, I wanted to escape…this was my 5th grade school year!!
|My Best Advice
- Live each moment fully, because it will be gone when the next one comes along.
- Express ALL of your emotions without apologies!
- Feeling angry is okay, and being happy is great too!
- Our feelings are ours, they are never wrong.
- Behaviors can sometimes be inappropriate, but can also be changed or explained.