Veterans face unique challenges that complicate treatment. The best treatment option for veterans is a facility that specializes in treating military personnel. Veterans treatment should include:
See New Veterans Questions
Sent weekly. No sign in. Unsubscribe anytime.
Follow New Veterans Questions
- More than 10% of Veterans have been diagnosed with a substance use disorder.
- More than 1/3 of military personnel met the criteria for hazardous drinking or possible alcohol use disorder.
- 22.6% of Veterans reported binge drinking in the last month, while 4.4% reported illicit drug use in the past month.
- Between 11 to 20% of Iraq War Veterans have PTSD symptoms.
- Up to 30% of Vietnam Veterans have had PTSD symptoms.